Sunday, August 12, 2007

Epic Training Weekend Part 2

Well, thus concludes Epic training weekend. Thankfully, too. Not that I didn't have a great time with Jeff -- I did -- but it kicked my ass, both literally and figuretively. I'm feeling a chest cold coming on and I'm too tired to get off the couch and up to bed. That said, I'm feeling ready to rock and roll come September 9th. An 11 hour training week will do wonders for your confidence.

Beyond that, not too much to report. The weather has been unseasonably warm for this time fo the year (mid 70's and blue skies; really unusual for August in SF) and it's been a good Summer. I'm officially missing the Wife and Kids and look foward to their return.

On a sports-related note, there is a pennant race taking shape and my Yankees have been absolutely killing it these past few weeks. The offense is coming together, the pitching staff has been putting together some solid performances and per usual, Mariano has been unhittable. The Yanks are only four back of the BoSox and things are going to get very interesting. I still think the Red Sox are the team to beat -- they are solid in every department and the Eric Gagne pickup was big -- but never write off the Yankees. I am just hoping for a wild card berth. Stay tuned for more; this should be interesting. I'm even more excited about this baseball season now that my son has officially become a fan.

On the subject of sports, Michigan football is around the corner, too, but I'll save my thoughts on this subject for a different post. In fact, I think I will have my brother Neil, arguably the biggest Michigan fan of all-time, pen a guest column.

You on that, Neil?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mission Accomplished