Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Post Number 100!

I just noted that this will be my 100th post. Wow -- to be honest, I started this blog on a bit of a whim and frankly, never thought I'd make it this far. I hope you are enjoying it thus far and please let me know if you have any suggestions/themes you'd like to see for the next 100 posts. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Ad it's my sincere hope that over time, I'll be writing less and less about cancer as pertains to myself, family and friends. I'm hoping that we all find ourselves cured and in good health.

In other news, I just got back from a 36 hour whirwind trip to Atlanta. Man, Atlanta in August is something else. I think it was about 128 degrees or so. And to make matters worse, our hotel had air conditioning issues. Combined, this did not make for a good night's sleep, to put it mildly.

If you think the Michael Vick story is big news nationally, you should see what's happening in Atlanta. Granted, yesterday was a big day with his guilty plea, but the coverage was literally non-stop on every channel (I know of what I write, too, as I was flipping through channels until around 2:00 am or so). It was pretty interesting to say the least. Without getting into a big, long diatribe on this story, which really doesn't need to be re-hashed, it's astonishing that a professional athlete could possibly demonstrate such an utter lack of judgement -- for a cruel and barbaric "sport" no less.

Watched the first three episodes of the second season of Weeds on the plane. I forgot how good that show is; I watched the first season when I was massively hypo, but it's without question up there as one of the better shows on TV. All of the characters are incredibly well developed.

Watched two other movies on the plane too: first ws the The Flying Scotsman, which was just awesome. Attention biking fans (Jeff, Dave, Payro et al.): this one is a must see. I can't believe that this one escaped me given the subject matter. Also saw Fracture with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins, which was a bit disappointing. I mean, how many different ways can Hopkins attempt to recreate his Hannibal Lecter character?

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

congrats on your 100th post!

Anonymous said...

Flying Scotsman - it was apprently released in 2006, not sure how we missed this? Looks good (checked the trailer on the website).

Congrats on your hundo, kid. Nice job with el posting. Have a scotch on me.