Friday, August 3, 2007

Epic Training Weekend

Not too much to report on the bachelor front. Last two days along I have worked 27 hours so I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

I know it';s very last minute, but you are all officially invited to fly to SF next weekend and join Jeff S and myself for the first annual (hopefully, annual) Epic Training Weekend. Probably good to get this out of the way while the wife and kids are out of town.

The tentative schedule, which is subject to modification, is as follows (btw -- hope this works for you Jeff S!):

Friday: hour swim

Saturday: 50 mile bike followed by tbd run (hour maybe?)

Sunday: 1.5 hour masters swim in Novato followed by hour trail run

Non-training activities to include:

-- viewing of Bourne Ultimatum (which, by the way, is the James Bond of the new millenium. I loved the books when I was a kid and I love the movies just as much)
-- lunch at the famous Joe's Taco
-- tbd dinner
-- beers at the famous Sweetwater Cafe

I anticipate that we will also be tasting some of Napa Valley's finest. Come one, come all, even if you just want to join for part of the non-training related festivities.

Joking aside, for all of you interested, I am thinking about twice annual NorCal training weekends. Email me if you are interested. You are invited too, dad.

Seaking of my father, be on the lookout for installment three of his ongoing series on Monday, Tuesday latest. This one is going to be titled "Five Grandkids in a Three Bedroom House, Or: The Flying Solomon's."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bourne = Best. My dad introduced me to the books as a kid. Probably should've thanked him for that.