Thursday, October 4, 2007

Freaking Yankees

Man, the Yankees stage an epic second half comeback, make the playoffs .. only to puke out in the first round again? Lord I hope this isn't the case, but the Indians are very underrated and they killed Wang tonight. I hope they get their act together tomorrow.

_________________________________

Currently watching 30 Rock season debut right now, featuring Jerry Seinfeld as guest star. I don't know how you all feel about this show, but I think it has the potential to become one of the top three shows on TV. Tina Fey is a comedic genius, and say what you will about Alec Baldwin, but he is terrific. Tracy Jordan is a madman: he was on Howard Stern a few weeks back and I think he's truly -- truly -- out of his mind, but he too is very funny. 30 Rock/The Office is a formidable lineup.

________________________________

Speaking of Howard Stern, I haven't mentioned him on this blog for a while, but man, I do not know what I would do without his radio show. Between work, family and dealing with cancer (if even the spectre of cancer that kind of hangs over my head), The Howard Stern provides me with about 40 minutes of complete escape each day, which I really relish. I think I have said this before, but even if you took away the Howard Stern Show, Sirius is the best value you can find for $9.95 a month.

________________________________

Lastly, based on one listen, the Springsteen album sounds pretty solid and for the third (and last time), you really, really want to get that new Eddie Vedder album. I think this one might be an all-time classic.

_______________________________

That's it for now. Go Yanks. Go Cubs

No comments: