Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Inspiration

My father asked me if I was running out of inspiration for this blog, which was kind of interesting. I hadn't given that much thought, to be honest, though in retrospect I recognize that my subjects of late aren't all that poignant, or frankly, all that interesting. I guess that's both good and bad. Good from the perspective that at least the cancer talk has been limited, which is obviously fortunate (though that could possibly change next month when I'm scheduled for my next battery of blood and ultrasound tests). The bad part of this, though, is obviously I want this blog to be somewhat interesting/compelling.

The other part of it is Fall is our busy season at work (actually, it seems as if every season is busy season) and for the past six weeks or so i've had the pedal to the metal with various events, new business pitches and most especially, travel.

All that being said, please let me know if you have any subjects you'd like me to touch upon, or conversely, whether any of you would like to pen a guest article. Which reminds me: aren't a few of you supposed to send me TV reviews?

What else? Go Indians -- they won tonight and I'm really pulling for them to win the Series. Halloween season is officially upon us. I know this, as similiar to this time last year, my daughter refuses to take off her costume. I'll spill the big surprise: she's going to be a dragon. Man, does she look cute. Although in the disturbing as hell category, she is convinced the the costume tail is actually a certain part of the male anatomy, if you know what I am saying.

The Boy turns eight on Saturday. The Wife came up with a grand plan for his party celebration. You ready for this? Evidently, we are taking the Boy, Girl and two of his friends to freaking Oakland to see -- get ready for it -- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ON ICE. I am literally contemplating suicide as an option. How I allowed myself to get roped into this is beyond me and I get the sense this is going to be the longest four hours of my life, short of the 2004 Wiggles concert in Chicago. I might have to Live Blog this one.

That's it for tonight. And for the record and in the event anyone cares, my back is still so bad that I had to lie prone in my office for a short while today. Damn paddleboarding.

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ha! i had to giggle at the high school musical on ice fun! my friend is flying from AZ to go see that with her kids since the tour isn't coming to AZ! and really i was watching Disney channel tonight, and watching to choreographer teach the roller coaster part. it looked cool to me.
that is so funny! can't stop smiling about it. and i really needed that tonight! thanks! I hope it is delightful!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you admitted you liked Dancing with the Stars, I have to admit I like High School Musical. It's Rmoeo and Juliet for goodness sake... what's not to like? It's a timeless story and the music is kinda catchy. We saw the stage production and it was really great... better than the movie. Although I haven't seen HSM 2 and the trailers look weak IMO.

Howard Solomon said...

I like High School Musical too, Jeff, truth be told. It's pretty darn "wholesome."But dude -- On Ice??????????????????????????

Unknown said...

good point