Friday, February 15, 2008

And We're Off

I didn't blog yesterday in respect to a close member of our family who experienced a terrible, terrible tragedy this week. It's not appropriate for me to comment with any greater detail, but if this person happens to be reading these words, please know that your California family has been thinking of you nonstop these past few days and are sending thoughts and prayers.
________________________________

With that said, although I have indeed been wearing a heavy heart these past few days, I don't think there's any better feeling than heading to Hawaii for six days of R&R after an absolutely grueling, but great week(s) of work. Oh yeah, there would be one thing: not having a daughter who's never sick decide to come down with a 102 fever two days before we head out of town. That would be nice. I really believe that The Man Upstairs exists in part to torture parents. Should be an interesting five hour flight.

So, we are off to Hawaii in the am. My main man Wiley, my curmudgenly friend like no other, reminded me today that I did indeed have a "proper" vacation just this past Christmas season during our drive to LA. So for his sake, allow me to clarify: I did indeed love that trip, and would do it again in a heartbeat, there ain't nothing "proper" about having two whiny kids in the back of a car fighting like cats and dogs nonstop and holding a blackberry that doesn't stop pinging with work emails. "Proper" is defined as sitting by a beach in Hawaii watching the sunset with a mai tai in hand. WHich is precisely what I plan to be doing in 24 hours.

Word.

(Ps. I do plan on bringing the laptop so stand by for posts and pictures)

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

hope you have an excellent vacation!

Anonymous said...

and don't forget about your vacation to Mexico in a few weeks.