Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol

Well, it's been long enough: time for my first "official" post of the 2008 season.

Couple of thoughts:

-- I don't care what anyone says, it's still the most watcheable freaking show on TV. It's hypnotically addictive and even with 5 plus hours a week, I can't seem to get enough.

-- Why is the above true? I genuinely don't know. Anyone have a decent answer?

-- All the above being said, I think this is the lamest season thus far. There is simply nothing terribly inspiring about this group. Which leads me to my next point.

-- Have you ever seen a group of less masculine men -- ever? Holy need a good dose of HGH batman.

-- I think part of the problem is the lack of drama this year. That young, 17 year old kid, David something-or-other, is the clear cut favorite thus far. Gotta say that this kid is really something else.

-- On the female side, I like the young Filipino girl. She has a terrific voice too and what appears to be a good personality as well.

-- Ryan Seacrest is the luckiest man on the earth this side of Justin Timberlake. Dude is everywhere and is literally making a fortune and yet .. what's his talent, exactly?

No comments: