Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Little Run

Went for a little run today that turned into a long one; took my eye off the trail for a minute and for the first time in along while, I got a tad lost. Just goes to show that one should always carry a trail map. It wasn't too bad; no more than a five on the nervous-o-meter, but it was a tad disconcerting. I did discover, however, that the legendary Pacific Coast Trail (Which I think would take you up to Canada) bisects the coastal trail. So, I ended up running for about 2.5 hours, or roughly 15 miles. The biggest problem though wasn't the distance, but rather the hills. I finished with a two mile non stop climb from Muir Beach back to home. It was rough, to put it mildly.

All that said, today was one of those glorious NoCal days where the temperature hit around 68. August will mark our three year anniversary here yet I still am not quite used to walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in February.

1 comment:

quirken said...

You know what, Howard, I can actually relate to this situation living through a Chicago winter. I went out for a little run last week and got lost about six blocks from my house on account of the snow blindness, was nearly run down and squarely pelted by a salt truck and had to run a warm bath to defrost by left butt cheek when I finally returned home. I just passed my three year anniversary of running and I still can't believe that I like running in the cold better than running indoors.

nice run, btw.