Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TV Season

If I had to rate the TV season thus far, I'd have to give it a B-. To a certain extent I am sure this has a lot to do with the writers strike, so I will try to fully reserve judgement until later this spring.

Thus far, the show that I am enjoying most is -- get ready for it -- the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Yeah, it's dumb and illogical and not much is really happening these past few episodes (more Cyborgs, please) but it's mindlessly entertaining, which is mostly what I am looking for on Monday nights. I've tried to watch the two new female-oriented shows (the wife's doing; I'm really only watching with one eye) and I am unimpressed. They are essentially the exact same show (Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia) and they thus far appear equally dumb. I might have the Wife do a guest post on one or the other though she too isn't terribly impressed.

Gossip Girl is also half decent and has a chance of filling the void left by Beverly Hills 90210 and The OC. The other show that has promise is Eli Stone. It's a goofy premise but it is working for me. That said, I can easily see it tipping the other way. The dude who stars in that show was Angelina Jolie's first husband. A big far Word to him for that.

My favorite show bar none remains Boston Legal and of course, for sheer entertainment, nothing comes close to American Idol.

_____________________

In other more macho news, the Little Boy and I are headed to Arizona in March for Spring Training. Anyone want to meet up with us? We are going to try to catch at least two games; he really wants to see the Cubs. I have to say that the Little Boy is just insanely nuts about baseball. Crazy Mama, want to try to grab lunch or something?

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

I'd love to do lunch sometime. and i think I have a kid the right age too. maybe more than one.my boys are 9 and 7. and a girl that is 8. so yeah let me know when you are coming and I'll plan on it. and we live right by the spring training park for the Cubs. well, within a mile or two. my email is crazymamaof6 at gmail

Anonymous said...

The new season of th Wire is shaping up to be monumental. Can't believe you're still not watching that show. Best overall HBO show.

Anonymous said...

how -- i, too, may be at spring training for a couple days with my mom and brother. we should coordinate a rendezvous...

quirken said...

NQ will be in the collective house with my daddy in tow march 12-14 taking in some cubs games and would be happy to hang for about 10-35 minutes. that would be insane.

nq

quirken said...

also, wire is the best show on tv, except for it's always sunny in philadelphia. So, let's say the best drama.

neil s is right, as usual.

nick

- neil is your bro, right HS? I thought that reminding your brother is always right would annoy you. how'd that turn out?

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

HS/Beno: We'll be in AZ for spring training too. 3/12-3/15. Holler if the dates match..