Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl

Now THAT was a Super Bowl. Maybe one of the best games I have ever seen. Hugh props to the Giants for playing their hearts out and not giving up. I do not profess to being the biggest Giants fan in the world (somehow I got stuck with the freaking Jets as my pro team) but I will root for a New York team ANY day over one from Boston. The Michigan man in me of course loves Brady, but him aside, screw the Patriots. Boston fans are insufferable enough with the Red Sox; winning a Super Bowl and possibly an NBA title would just suck beyond belief. Something tells me Boston fans are going to be thinking about this loss for many, many years to come. And a big freaking Word to Eli for sticking it to New York fans. Man, I can't wait to read Bill Simmon's column this week on espn.com. He is one of my favorite sports writers ever but is SUCH a Boston homer.

_________________________

In other news I ran a half marathon today in pretty darn inclement weather. I treated this one as a training run and my goal going into it was to run 7:50 pace. I took it fairly easy the first few miles and when I realized that I was feeling good -- at around mile or so -- I decided to open it up a bit. The last four miles were run in driving rain/wind and were pretty miserable but I finished strong and in a pretty decent time: a notch under 1:40, around 7:35 pace or so. Overall, I was pretty stoked as my longest run this year has only been around 7 miles or so and I am certain that I could have gone even faster. One month and four days until my 31 mile race. Not quite certain if I am ready for that one.

No comments: