Monday, February 25, 2008

Post Vacation Blahs

A combination of bad weather (until today that is), still feeling sick and some goings on around the house has left me in a post-vacation funk. Figure nothing a little sleep can't fix; if I can score eight hours tonight I should be good to go.

Random things:

Baseball is around the corner. Can't you just feel it? The Little Boy is going bananas for Spring Training.

I've decided not to do the Way Too Cool 50k the first week of March. A combination of this sickness/not enough training has led me to the conclusion that while I could probably finish if I went out there, there's not much point. I have big goals this year and don't want to injur myself early in the season.

Speaking of "season" I came back so geeked on getting back to Hawaii as soon as possible I went off and did it: signed up for the Hawaii Ironman lottery. With my luck I will get in, especially considering I have no inclination to put in the training. Though if I actually got in (and I am zero for the past ten years), I'd probably find the motivation. Probably.

Speaking of Hawaii Ironman I watched the NBC broadcast this past rainy weekend, and for the first time in a long while I didn't find myself terribly inspired. This is an annual favorite, but I think previous broadcasts were much more interesting.

I finished The Nine by Jeff Toobin, his insiders account of the Supreme Court. It is an absolutely fascinating read and comes very highly recommended. Four stars for this one, which was at the top of nearly every reviewers list in 07.

The Oscars last night were b-o-r-i-n-g. That said, I did pretty well with my predictions.

And that's what comes to mind. Gonna watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles and call it a night.

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

well hope you are feeling 100% soon.
i had a clean scan last week after a hellish week of LID. which is fab news for me. thought I'd share since you know how rad that really is. hope your funk is gone soon.

Anonymous said...

something i've been meaning to mention to you: if you're not watching breaking bad, start before it's too late. i haven't been this into a show since six feet under. it's hands down the best drama on tv right now.

Anonymous said...

Seconds on Breaking Bad. Only a few left though, might want to wait until they re-run. That's some good Meth!

Unknown said...

j2m57t1f41 r3n55k5i33 u2y97s9b97 n9d11m6f96 y3c11p4g38 r4l58s0o42