Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Random Stuff

Forget my post from yesterday; damn kid held a freaking press conference to announce that he hasn't made up his mind! Now Penn State has entered the equation and I think we've lost him. Penn State would be ok by me; anywhere but Ohio State. On a separate note, it is astonishing how much traffic my blog got today by people searching his name.

___________________________________________

Fascinating watching Super Tuesday last night. I love the political season and listening to the pundits (most of whom know nothing). This is a spectacular race all around; one of the best in my lifetime. I love a good competition and this is shaping up to be just that. I must say though that I am surprised left leaning Cali did not go for Barack.

__________________________________________

Did something pretty strange/dumb tonight; I donned my miners lamp and ran up to the big state park in the pitch freaking black. I must have been a site to behold. Anyway I ran about two miles to my favorite hill, which goes upward for oh, about a mile, and ran 5 :90 second hill repeats, which is a pretty gnarly workout. But on the fourth I looked up and it was pitch black -- and I mean pitch freaking black, and I got a bit spooked. The thought entered my mind that if some axe murderer killed me they probably wouldn't find my sorry ass for a month. Then I started thinking about how mountain lions like to hunt at night. Needless to say, I did finish the workout, but I hightailed it out of there pretty quickly.

On the subject of mountain lions, I saw the world's largest freaking bobcat two weeks ago while on the trail. That was a sight to behold. Looked like a housecat on a Rodger Clemens-ish dose of steroids.

_________________________________________

The Solomon's are headed to Hawaii in less than two weeks for a some much needed R&R. It has been quite some time since I have had a proper vacation. Anyway, I need some new books. ANyone have any recommendations? I am thinking about the new William Vollman (too depressing for vacation) and the new Charles Bock book which is receiving near universal accolades.

_________________________________________

I have been pretty quiet thus far on this subject, but it's shaping up to be a good season of American Idol. Anyone else watching?

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i am loving this random post.

vacations are awesome.

this primary election has been exciting. and it was amazing to see lines all day at my polling place. excellent turn out.

crazy insane workout.

i am not a AI follower. maybe i should be all my shows are still on strike.

Anonymous said...

using the freaking word freaking too freaking much.gs