Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lazy Weekend

A Lazy Weekend here at the old homestead; something I haven't had in a long, long while. Had to do with a combination of utter exhaustion coupled with a few rainy days.

Couple of things in no particular order:

-- took the Little Boy to see James Bond. I deliberated as to whether he was ready to see a PG-13 movie but he followed the storyline just fine, wasn't too fazed by the violence and was generally pretty stoked. Too bad the movie itself kind of sucked.

-- Speaking of suckie movies, I watched I am Legend last night on HBO. Absolutely stunk; even worse than the Pacquio vs. De la Hoya fight that I watched afterwards. Time to pack it in, Oscar.

-- I am typing this posting and simultaneously watching House of Saddam on HBO. I enjoyed it immensely; if you have HBO, I recommend checking it out. Interesting perspective and very well done.

-- After a long, long hiatus, Michigan basketball appears to be back. I am cautiously optimistic, but we are definitely looking pretty good thus far this yea.r We run a complicated offense, but when it clicks it is a sight to behold.

-- I signed up for the Phoenix Rock and Roll marathon. My rationale is that it's only five more weeks of training and according to Coach Phil, the training shouldn't be that egregious. I believe I have the five minutes in me - that five minutes necessary to qualify for Boston -- and I figure I might as well give it one last go. After this I won't be running a competitive marathon for at least two years, so it's kind of my last hurrah. Note I will probably run the occasional trail ultra, but generally speaking, they are a lot easier on the body than these fast road marathons.

-- I am still obsessed about the Governor Blagojevitch story and am amazed -- and proud of -- my good friend who is an Illinois state legislator who is front and center in the maelstrom -- in a good way (to the extent of course that there's anything good about this story).

No comments: