Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Things for the New Year

I've been giving a bit of thought about some goals for the New Year, all of which are non work-related. Work related ones would probably require a separate post altogether. In no particular order, I hope to:

1. Cut back on travel and spend even more time with the family

2. Pick up an interesting, non-endurance sport or hobby that I can share with the the kids. Two thoughts that come to mind: rock climbing (with the Boy) and/or guitar lesson with the Girl. The Girl definitely is definitely rocker material, so may as well get her started early.

3. Do something epic in the world of endurance sports. Leading candidates include some sort of epic swim, the 6 day, 120 race across the rockies, or the biggie of them all, a 100 miler. And who knows: maybe I'll throw my hat in the lottery ring for Ironman Hawaii.

4. Read more books. I have always been a voracious readers and I still read a ton, but mostly in the form of magazines, mostly due to lack of time. This year I'm hoping to forego some of the magazines in favor of books. Five and five is the goal: five fiction, five non-fiction.

5. Have no major health issues whatsoever. This one is obviously a goal all the same.

4. Travel somewhere really interesting. Machu Piccu is the early favorite; this has long been on my list of places to visit and I think the kids are old enough. Hopefully.

3. I am sure there is more but that's what comes to mind at the moment. Any suggestions in regards to others?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you left out "come visit the Berlents"

-TB

Anonymous said...

What qualifies as an 'epic swim?' Maybe we should find one.