Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blood Test Redux

I've been kind of putting off my blood test of late, but decided today was the day. So, I will likely get results by Friday or so. I have my head around the fact that in all likelihood the antibodies will still be present, which will result in my having to have another full body scan. This would necessitate going hypo again (off my synthroid) and back on the diet from hell, but if that's the case, so be it. Such is life. Not trying to be negative and deeply hope I am wrong, but my point being I will try not to be disappointed if it's not the outcome I am looking for. I've learned this is the best way to deal with the uncertainty that constantly surrounds cancer. Anyway, will let you know on Friday.

In other news, I have a long ass work week but I did manage to get a pre-marathon massage in tonight. Every time I get a massage I wonder why I don't do that more frequently. There's nothing better than a good massage.

Lastly, I want to send a shout out to my main man, Dave M who's having some medical issues of his own. He'll be fine but has had a rough few days, so please send good vibes his way. He's an off the chart good friend who had my back like no one else when I was going through my cancer stuff, short of The Wife.

Feel better, homie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck man. do west coast massages finish with a happy ending likein nj. gs

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best; whatever the results, as you know, try to take it one step at a time (just like the marathon..good luck with that too!)

Anonymous said...

We are delt with things we don't want, but we do get through it.
You will be fine and your family will be there for you all the way.

Anonymous said...

Positive vibes and the blood test and best wishes to Dave from the Brooklyn Solomon's

Anonymous said...

Mike and I are always wishing you the best.
Penny