Thursday, December 6, 2007

Clean Scan!

Oh my am I relieved: just got the call from my new endo. TG is undetectable and my ultrasound looks clean. He said there was a little something at the area of my incision, but that he was fairly certain it was only scar tissue.

Wow.

For some reason, I wasn't feeling terribly optimistic about these tests. Those of you who know me know I am generally pretty darn positive, but I just had a sinking, foreboding kind of feeling. Man am I glad I was wrong.

I am for the first time starting to feel like the worst of this might finally be behind me.

If I wasn't totally exhausted (the girl was up all night throwing up; two nights ago it was the boy) I would be jumping through hoops right now.

Word.

Double Word.

100 miler here I come.

13 comments:

Michael said...

Wow, dude! That's fantastic news.

Anonymous said...

Nice. See I told you a bottle a scotch a day does wonders!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Happy Hannukah! I guess Whiskey is the "Water of Life"

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

WOOOHOOO! CONGRATS ON THAT!

Anonymous said...

wow...nice...that,s great...awesome...woohoo...and everything else from me and mom.gs

Anonymous said...

San Diego 100. It's calling our names. Plan to be worked, kid. I can't wait. I ran 5 on the treadmill here in Toronto tonight (it was 25 outside - no, thanks) in your honor.

Great news.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo happy. This is my favorite entry of all! Another reason to celebrate. Love to the family.

rs

Anonymous said...

I definitely know the feeling you got when you were told all is well. Today is a new day look forward to the future and enjoy the family and all your ambitions you hope to accomplish. WE WILL NEVER FORGET THE "C" WORD, and only hope for others that they will be as lucky as we are. Nana

Unknown said...

Such great news!

Anonymous said...

really good news Howard! Happy Hannukah!

Anonymous said...

Best news I've heard in a while! Looks like you got your christmas ...err hannukah goose early.

-MG

susan gardner said...

TERRIFIC news!!!! Now you can change the name of your blog.