Sunday, December 2, 2007

Scan Day

While in Chicago earlier this week, my main boy Scooter asked me if I think of cancer every day. The answer I gave him was a truthful one: yes, I do (I suspect most cancer survivors do) but I am absolutely not consumed by it, and I have my head around it for the most part. I also told him that that only time I tend to get a little nervous is around key scans. Nervous might be the wrong word for it, actually. Apprehensive might be more like it.

So with that being said, tomorrow is a big scan day (neck ultrasound) followed by blood work. I should have results later in the week, presuming my new doctor will talk to me about results while over the phone. My actual appointment with him isn't until early January. so until then, I will keep my fingers crossed. Please think good thoughts and send positive vibes as this test is a biggie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good vibes your way man!

lt

Crazymamaof6 said...

happy thoughts, good vibes,a relaxing mantra! and Howard Stern to keep you laughing on the way right?

i get a tad freaked when mine come around too. and then..... relief until a week or two before the next time.

but you going for yours freaks me out. brings back all the test stress even though it isn't my turn. Hope it goes great! mine keep coming back clear/questionable. but life continues.

Unknown said...

thinking about you today and hoping all goes well!

Anonymous said...

We are always thinking about you. We know that this is a hard thing to go through waiting for results. Just think good thoughts. How happy you are each day to wake up and see your wife and beautiful kids. To be able to say today is going to be a better day then the day before. You could be in the North East and have bitter cold weather with the sleet and snow. Best Mother-in-law