Saturday, December 15, 2007

Uncle!

I'm an Uncle again for the 6th time! Congrats to my little bro Neilie, my sis-in-law Julie, and little Josie on the birth of their daughter/sister Mandy Rose Solomon. I don't have the deets as she was born just a few hours ago, but I hear she's healthy, with a full head of hair. I couldn't be happier for the Crooklyn Solomon"s -- but boy Neil, that's quite a bit of estrogen you have in your life now, eh?
__________________________________________

I ran the Muir Beach 17k (just shy of 11 miles) this morning. Without a doubt this was the hardest 10 miler I have ever done; it featured 3,300 feet of climbing. Some of the hills were so long and steep I was literally laughing. That all being said, walking up the hills aside, I felt pretty darn good and finished in a respectable time of 1:54 (respectable for a race with this type of elevation gain, that is). Actually, I didn't really finish, or start for that matter. The race was sold out but I know the race director and she told me it was cool to run as a "bandit." Some of the prettiest trail ever, and with the fog in full effect today, it was really a spectacular run. Next week I am planning to do the Rodeo Beach 20 or 30k; I am still undecided.

_________________________________________

Lastly this is post number 200! When I started this thing I wasn't sure I was going to make it to 10 posts, so this is quite an accomplishment. Hope you continue to enjoy these pages. And for whatever it is worth I am contemplating a change of name/URL, in lieu of feedback from y'all coupled with results from my last scan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Neil, Julie, Josie and Grandma & Grandpa Solomon! (And of course, everyone else who's celebrating the occasion...)

–Cousin Mark D.

Anonymous said...

We are happy to hear the good news for Julie and Neil that all is well and there is another girl in the family. We got hit here in the North East with a big snow 22 inches. It is beautiful to look at but beware when driving in it.

Best thing to do is stay by the fire. Nana