Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Road Trip Day 1: Marin to Monterey



Woke up this fine Christmas morning and scored a quick 20 mile bike ride with Dave. If anyone sees my frozen toes on Camino Alto, I'd love to have them back. It was a great ride, but a tad cold. Big ups to the Wife for allowing that one.

Hit the road to Monterey just after lunch and the drive was just magnificent. Alas, the two children in the back: not so magnificent. I thought 2 1/2 hours wouldn't be so bad but man was I wrong. FIghting, fighting and more fighting. My favorite is when they fight over one looking at the other the wrong way. You'd think they were freaking bloods and crips or something.

Anyway, we got into Monterey at around 3:30, just in time to do the infamous 17 mile drive around Pebble Beach. No question you all need to add this one to your "life list" -- it's simply that magnificent. As I told The Wife, I've never been so happy (enjoying the craggy ocean views) and miserable (listening to whining kids) at the same time.

The attached two photos (these are the ones from my iphone; I'll attach ones from my camera over the next day or so) are of the sunset over Pebble Beach, and the other one is the Lonely Cypress, which is a famous tree that sits alone on a bluff right over the water.

Tomorrow is the Monterey Aquarium and more siteseeing. And hopefully better behaved kids.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

those are amazing shots.

i'm thinking you need a bigger car. it helps to separate them and if mine get too annoying , i banish them to "the way back" of the van! love it!

Anonymous said...

i think you need a dog to keep the kids from fighting. talk to your bro. scott.gs

Anonymous said...

Ask the wife about the road trips when she and her sisters were little and sat on the floor of the car and played barbie dolls the whole trip. They never saw the Grand Canyon, Zion, Brice etc. Have fun! Nana