Monday, December 3, 2007

"Waiting, Is The Hardest Part"

Thanks everyone for your well wishes; much appreciated.

Well, I got to UCSF at 8:30 am and was finished with scans and bloodwork by 9:30 am. That place is the model of medical efficiency.

I tried to read the sonographers body language, and of course I asked her if she "saw anything" but they, by law, are not allowed to say anything being that they aren't MD's.

So, we wait. I am not going to get too worked up over this. As the old saw goes: it is what it is. Not much I can do to control it so I might as well chill.
________________________________________________

In sporting news, Michigan draws Florida at the Capital One Bowl. Egads. We have to face the (soon-to-be) Heisman Trophy winning QB who is a running and passing threat? That is our worst nightmare. I predict he amasses 500 total yards against us, and that they beat us by at least 24 points. It is going to be ugly.

These are sad days indeed for Michigan football, especially as we don't seem to be knocking them dead in our search for a new coach. I think much of Michigan nation is disappointed that we won't be getting Les Miles. But as the A-Rod saga demonstrated, it's not over until it is over (boy, how many more tired cliches am I going to use in this post?).

Lastly, I am *really* hoping that the Yankees get Johan Santana, but the way my sports world has been going the past 24 months, I am prepared to concede him to the dastardly Red Sox. Man, if they get him, forget abot it: Beckett, Santana, Schilling is unbeatable. They will win three more championships with that rotation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you HS - crossing my fingers on those test results.

Crazymamaof6 said...

hope it turns out great. i personally am to the point I'd rather not have a tech give his opinion. while i love to know asap, I'd rather have an experts opinion. last time my tech said there was nothing there and yet the Dr. sent me for FNA . so the false sense of security was just irritating. and gave family members reason to dismiss the issue instead, of be supportive.

I guess the cancer talk always gets me riled up. sorry to project my own issues here in the comments.

hope your ultrasound comes back clean!