Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Saga Continues

Day 2 of Lice Watch, 2007.

Gotta be real careful what I say here: while the Wife was mildly bemused by yesterday's post, tempers are growing shorter and shorter with each passing minute.

The day started at 5:45 am with showers, combing and frantic and furious calls to our friend Liza in NY. I was listening from bed as instructions (yet another set) and directives were given.

The Girl had to go to Lice Patrol at school and managed to pass muster. She was allowed to go to class.

The Wife went for professional examination and passed muster.

The Boy passed muster.

Came home tonight to surgical procedure/lice remnant removal #2, which lasted for about 1.5 hours. The Girl then got her hair doused with olive oil, which she evidently needs to keep in her hair for 12 hours to ensure the Death of all Eggs; she is currently sleeping with a hair net. Not only does none of this bother her, I believe she is relishing in the attention. The visuals that have been occurring in this household over the past 24 hours will remain with me for many years to come. The best one: watching walk around at Walgreens (fwhere she got a little toy for being a good patient) in her PJ's and hairnet. And don't ask me for an explanation for the olive oil, I'm just the messenger.

Hopefully, we are nearing the end of this debacle. For the Wife's sake, I certainly hope so; tomorrow is her b-day. Joking aside, she definitely deserves a break.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh my gosh! i hope you bought your wife a lovely gift for her Birthday. and i have heard blowdrying everyday kills all eggs too. the heat? i'm no expert thankfully. good luck with that! and I'm glad everyone passed muster.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mama- you've got six kids you I hope you are taking notes, cause it is probably inevitable (not that I am wishing anything bad upon you!)

Anonymous said...

a very happy and lice free birthday.gs and is