Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day Three


All is somewhat normal on the lice front though the wife has become slightly obsessed. She is literally consumed by/with lice. She's washed the Girl's hair countless times, treated her with olive oil (!) twice, got her a hair cut and my house has never been cleaner (the one upside to all this). I do believe (hope, pray) that the Great Lice Debacle of 2007 is over.

______________________________

We went to a very nice holiday party last night at our friends house. Stayed up a bit too late, woke up early and ran a gnarly ass 20k (12.4 though it was actually 12.8 miles). This one was just as hard as last week - maybe worse as it was longer -- but boy oh boy were these trails spectacular. I brought my iphone and had every intention of taking photos but alas, I was too focused on not falling to take pictures. I did manage to get one though: attached is a photo of me and my friend Hope (you all might remember her as my partner in crime at the Big Kahuna half ironman) at the start.ed This was Hope's first trail race and she absolutely rocked it. I think Hope is coming to terms with the fact that she is inevitably going to run an Ironman. My prediction: 2009.

This was my final race of the year (presumably). Here's the race tally for the year:

Way Too Cool 50k
Big Kahuna Half Ironman
Vineman Sprint Triathlon
20k Rodeo Beach Trail Run
17k Muir Beach Run
17k Angel Island
12k Bridge to Bridge Run
10k Race to the Far Side

A bit lighter from a racing standpoint than year's past, but not too shabby considering I've been dealing with cancer at varying intervals throughout the year.

Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great picture howard... fun to run 'with' you... always fun to have a familiar face at the finish cheering you on...my legs are feeling those hills! maybe i'll sign up for way too cool... HAAA!