Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Had an appointment today with my new Endo, who I think is just terrific. He's a little old school and a tad crusty but he's got a good sense of humor and more importantly, he's tremendously methodical. I feel like I am in good hands.

Anyway, everything seems good. He did mention that there is a small something in my neck which appears to be about 8mm in length. Evidently, the one problem with ultrasound is that it picks up everything and oftentimes it's hard to discern between what's "good" and "bad." Regardless, everything appears ok; he's going to keep an eye on it but isn't overly concerned.

He also took my synthroid level down from 150 micrograms to 137. Might be why I feel so amped these days; maybe the new dose will mellow me out a bit. Then again, amped is my my middle name, so who knows. He also said the fact that I was slightly hyper might have something to do with why my hair is thinning/falling out. Obviously, I was kind of stoked to hear this.

So, that's the update. All in all, good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good news is always welcome here.gs