Sunday, January 6, 2008

Order Restored

Things are starting to normalize here, though a LOT of people that we know still do not have power. Last night we had a party of sorts for a few of our friends who have no power, which was super fun. Tonight our friends Brian and Meghan and their two kids are sleeping over. I feel very fortunate that our power was restored yesterday; one more day of that and I would have lost my mind.

I went for a run today and the town is an absolute mess; power lines are still down, as are multiple trees. There is debris everywhere ranging from leave to trash (Friday, the day of the storm, was also trash day and virtually every garbage can was overturned).

Glad this storm has passed and as I stated yesterday, I hope never again to experience weather like that. This was a bit of a lost weekend, but one I likely won't forget for quite some time.

No comments: