Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nana Rules!

In the event some of you did not see the comment posted by my mother-in-law on my previous post, I have good news: my very heroic, tough and favorite Nana got a clean bill of health in regards to her breast cancer. Please join me in congratulating her - this news obviously made my day. Rare is it that a dude loves his mother-in-law as much as I do; she's a terrific woman who always puts family first, and I think I speak on behalf of the family when I say that we are very, very happy to hear that we'll have you around for many more years to come. I think your granddaughter's aim is to make you a great-grandma. I hope unlike Brittany Spears sister, she doesn't opt to do so when she's 16.

In far less significant news, for all you hip hop fans (who else y'all know who can transition from the above paragraph to hip hop in one sentence), you gotta get the new Lil' Wayne mini EP, The Leak, that's out on itunes. If this is a prelude to what we'll hear on the much anticipated Da Carter III, we are all going to be in for a treat. Dad, I will explain all this to you in the next lifetime.

I read today that Lance plan to run the Boston Marathon this year. Whoo hoo does that stoke me. My prediction: he doesn't come anywhere near the 2:46 (!) he ran in New York, though he will break 3:00. What would super stoke me would be seeing Lance return to his triathlon roots and give Ironman a whirl. THat would really be something. He wouldn't win but I bet he's capable of breaking 9:30.

On the subject of races, I'm just about done with my race calender for 08. Right now I am looking at Way Too Cool 50 K in early March, Bug Sur marathon in late April, a 50 miler sometime in Summer, and a few Olympic distance triathlon's interspersed. I also want to do an epic swim - 3.1 miles -- with my boy Dave. Then in the Fall, the coup de grace: 100 miler.

It's gonna be a tough year but at the same time, a hell of a lot better than the last two years. Got to make up for a bit of lost time.

Word.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

congrats to your mother in law that is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Um, he's not your last bachelor buddy, but close...

FYI, I signed up for the Hat Run 50K on March 29, so I'm gearing up as well for the 100 miler. Unfortunately, it was 25 and windy yesterday so my weather (and thus training schedule) is vastly different than yours.

Anonymous said...

Great news on Nana.

In for the swim.