Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Go Blue!

Well, after six and a half hours in the car with two whiny ass kids in the back, I'm glad to say we are finally back home. We took route 5 straight home (versus the far more scenic Highway 1) so it was a fairly mundane ride and not very noteworthy.

As stated, that was a great trip and one I would recommend highly. If any of you are interested in doing this next year, let me know. Though the Wife indicated she'd rather go to a warm weather locale, I think she can be convinced.

Though I am a day late on this one, I want to give some mad props to my Michigan Wolverines for upsetting Florida yesterday during the Capital One Bowl. I will be the first to admit that I am pretty hard on my Wolverines ("the most negative person in the world" according to my brother) but I think I've been so for good reason. This group of seniors, while a talented group, have had far more disappointments in their careers than successes, but man, did they rise to the occasion yesterday and play inspired football. While I am glad that the program will soon be experiencing a new era, that doesn't change for a second my opinion that Lloyd Carr is a good, honest and decent man and that is exactly the kind of send off that he deserved.

So, a big Word to the Wolverines. Always nice to start the year with a big bowl win. Let's hope for a lot more of the same this Fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I got a little teary watching the boys carry Lloyd. Go Blue indeed.
-ML