Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Weather

A couple of week ago I was reporting on the "bad" Northern California weather; the nasty wind/rain storms that we get several times a year. As posted, the storm a few weeks back was particularly bad.

Then, of course, there's the other side to the weather: 65 degree days in January, such as what we are experiencing now. Despite the fact that I have lived here now for 2 1/2 years, a fact that I still marvel at, as an East Coast kid who also spent a considerable amount of time in the Midwest, good weather in the dead of WInter is something I still can't quite get my head around. That said, i am starting to realize that once you experience this phenomena, it's not something you exactly want to give up. And I think this, in a nutshell, is the allure of the West that so many transients experience and what keep them here longer than they originally anticipate.
______________________________

My main man Steve-O is visiting this weekend from Chicago, and it is always great when he visits. He's my last bachelor buddy and he's always up for a good time. In fact, I am going to go and wake up his sorry ass right now so we can get this beautiful day started.

No comments: