Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

I saw the coolest thing in LA today that helped reaffirm my faith in mankind. I had just come off the 405 (how LA residents put up with that highway is absolutely beyond my comprehension) when a fancy car to my right -- I think it may have been a Bentley, shot off to the side of the road on the right. The driver popped out of his car with a very serious look on his face. I turned around and saw that there was a guy in my blind spot in a wheechair who was struggling to get over the curb. This guy helped him get his wheelchair over the curb. At this point I had my window down to see if he needed a hand, and I heard him ask the guy in the wheelchair if he needed assistance, or even a ride home.

As he got in his car I told him that that was the coolest thing ever and that he made my day.

Sometimes it's the small things in life that really make a difference.

__________________________________

In other news, the Mets got Johan Santana. Good for them. Hope he wins a lot of games for them. They sure did give up a lot though. Anway, far better for him to be in the NL versus playing for the Red Sox.

__________________________________

I need some new music: all this time on planes/running and everything is getting old. Anyone have any recommendations? Three hottest things in my ipod right now are Hot Chip (not sure how to describe them, exactly, the new Iron & Wine (a bit on the mellow side but *very* good) and The Magnetic Fields (download "California Girls" if you want a sample).

__________________________________

My man Wiley got me stoked yesterday so I signed up for the 50 miler. As did Wiley and Payro. Not I have to figure a way to finish it. The nice thing about running is that at the end of the day, it is a pretty easy equation: one foot in front of the other........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

surprised no one copped the bently while the driver was doing his good deed. it,s l.a don,t forget. gs

Anonymous said...

Music recommendations, bands I recently downloaded:

Fields
Explosions in the Sky
The Decemberists
Soundtrack from "Once"
Led Zep is now on iTunes
Ray LaMontaigne
The Twilight Sad

Anonymous said...

i've never even met wiley or payro... but you are all crazy... who does 50 milers willingly? when is it?

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.