Sunday, September 28, 2008

Earrings

Well, it's a done deal: the Girl is the proud bearer (wearer?) of earrings. We finally capitulated and took her to get them today. She is on cloud nine and for some reason, I feel like I have failed as a father. They just don't look right on a six year in my opinion. Unfortunately, my daughter is just like e (and her mom) in that she is a bit obsessive/compulsive and she has been pining (an understatement) for them for the last six months. I will say this though --while I thought her brother was going to faint, this kid didn't even flinch. The piecer lady said in her 20 years, she never saw a kid her age sit so still and demonstrate no emotion/pain whatsoever. This kid is cut a bit different. Whether that's in a good or bad way remains to be seen.

_________________________________________________

Boy, my young Michigan Wolverines made me proud yesterday. I watched the first half and it was beyond abysmal. It might have been the worst football I have ever seen. It was a gorgeous day here in old Marin County, so I felt compelled to take the kids out to play. I was just out of house when my iphone started blowing up with texts from my brother Neil (thanks again, Neil) sending updates. The comeback was so epic that after a quarter I threw the kids in the car and put the game on Sirius. I don't think the kids really knew what was going on but I know they had fun screaming "Go Blue" at the top of their lungs. I had fun with that too. Got home and caught the last few moments of what might be one of the greatest comebacks I have seen. it wasn't the amount of points scored that made this game so epic, it was the difference between the two halves. The first half we looked like Paramus High School; the second half we were the new look Wolverines. A heck of a comeback for Coach Rod and a harbinger of what we can expect to see in the future from the new regime. Very encouraging, indeed. As Neil said: speed and fitness trumps size.

Go Blue.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

congrats for your daughter on such a big event! i bet she feel VERY glamorous! and i hope she went for the bling. :)

Anonymous said...

when is she getting tatoo. right before yom k.gs

Anonymous said...

I've never understood why people make their daughters wait to get their ears pierced. Dylie got hers just before she turned two. :-)
All (most) girls end up with them anyway.