Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall TV

Fall is the season of so many things: college football. NFL. Baseball playoffs. Marathon training. And new TV season. Thus far, with the exception of marathon training, all of the above kind of stink (read: Michigan, Jets, Yanks) but alas, hope springs eternal.

Not so sure what to make of the TV season, though I sure am happy that it's back. Here's a few initial thoughts:

The New 90210. Horrific. Unwatcheable. Maybe the worst show I have ever seen in my life and that is saying something considering that I am the master of junk TV. I gave up halfway through the first episode, and that's saying something.

Entourage: Still one of the greatest shows of all-time, but this season is off to an uneven start. The storyline (Vince's descent) has been predictable as are the characters. They need an injection of new energy because it's on the precipice of becoming stale. That said, I could also see things changing quickly. And Ari is still as entertaining as hell.

True Blood: I like this one. A lot. It's definitely getting better each week and it's a real unique take on the typical vampire genre. I'm very optimistic that this is only going to get better though it's been slightly plodding. I'll write that off though to character development.

Fringe: I missed the boat on the whole Lost craze and wasn't going to do the same with this new JJ Abrams show. And I hae to say: it is awesome. Without question my favorite new show of the season thus far. If you haven't checked it out yet, I believe it's available through itunes, and it's well worth the purchase. But act now, as this plotline is moving quickly.

Boston Legal: Last night was the season premier but I was kind of disappointed. See Entourage for an explanation as to why. bUt even a "bad" Boston Legal is better than 90% of anything else on TV.

So, that's my thoughts. Anyone catch a new show(s) that I should be checking out?

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i haven't caught 90210 yet. but wanted to, just haven't been around.
i'm waiting for Grey's anatomy, and private Practice. :) can't wait.

i used to watch tons of tv but haven't for the last year. that's blogging time.

but even that has been left in the dust for mindless trashy novels. and the occasional sci fi that my husband makes me read.

Anonymous said...

true blood and fringe are top of my list too, along with old standbys always sunny, house, heroes and biggest loser (best reality show on tv). it's nearly impossible to find the time, but I'm going to make it happen if it kills me.

Anonymous said...

survivor started tonight?! : )

Melissa Boehning Libert said...

glad you finally caught the JJ love train. His shows are the best (I forgave him for What About Brian).

...and I can't believe Beno watches Biggest Loser.