Sunday, September 7, 2008

More mileage

A second solid day for our little day day, pan-US endurance event:

The Wife woke up early today and ran five hilly trails miles. And on the subject of the Wife, happy 12th anniversary today. I am very, very fortunate -- and thankful - to have such a great wife and marriage.

Our friend Carol Schultz, Jeff's wife (who we just had dinner with a few moments ago), ran 10 miles. Awesome effort, Carol.

My cousin Carrie, who with her brother Matt is like a fourth sibling to me, walked 15 miles with her boyfriend. Thanks Carrie; I will post the picture shortly.

And on the topic of Carrie, her mother and father, Sue and Saul of Ridgewood, New Jersey walked three miles. Thanks guys -- sorry you weren't able to get my parents out there (speaking of which, my parents are conspicuously missing. Didn't you even play Tennis, Gerry?)

Payro ran another two hours today, putting him at a grand total of 23 for the weekend. He's our current leader, though I have yet to hear from Gail, eho's rumored to be putting in a 25 mile training run.

I swam a mile and then an additional six laps with the kids, both of whom were insistent on getting their laps in for "dad's thing."

Anyone else? Missing anyone? Please let me know if so. On the interim, thank you from the bottom of my heart, everyone: I really appreciate it. I will be making a group donation to both ThyCa and Stand Up to Cancer. I will have more information soon.

In the interim, second group of photos will be posted momentarily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be late in reporting -- I sent you a longer description (and photo) via e-mail this morning (Monday). Did 6 miles on Saturday,and, yup, a 25-mile training run on Sunday in beautiful weather in Queens! Was inspired by raising Thyroid Cancer awareness! -Gail