Friday, September 5, 2008

Stand Up to Cancer

So, did anyone watch this? It starts in about ten minutes; I am very, very curious to see how it's executed. If some of you remember, we pitched this business months ago when the idea was pretty nascent. I give the ladies a lot of credit for making it happen. I'm also somewhat happy that we weren't ultimately responsible for the PR effort, but that's a story for another day.

In other news, The Second Annual Run for Thyroid Cancer officially kicks off tomorrow and lasts through Sunday. Y'all know the drill; go out, be active, do SOMETHING (walk, hike, run, swim, bike, crawl - I really don't care). Send me your mileage and hopefully a digital photo that you don't mind me posting on this here site.

And that's about it. I consider it the world's most "extended" endurance event. This year we have a bunch of people putting in 20 mile efforts; can you tell that we are approaching marathon season?

Anyway, thanks for a great response and a particular thanks to my friend Shannon for the nice plug on Facebook (which drew considerable traffic to the site; bet you didn't know you didn't know you are such a "connector", eh Shannon?).

ANyway, I'll be doing my part tomorrow am with a 30k trail race featuring 3,000 feet of climbing. And did I mention its supposed to be 97 in Oakland, where the race takes place? Shades of the Double Dispea.

More -- hopefully lots more -- tomorrow.

No comments: