Saturday, March 31, 2012

Friday Night Swim

Had a fun time last night. Had dinner with the Wife and Boy and then headed over to the pool, to swim alongside my friend Pablo who was doing a 12 hour swim last night as part of his his training for upcoming attempt to swim the Sea of Cortez. When he accomplishes this goal in June, it will be the longest continuous open water swim. Pretty gnarly. Joining Pablo (Paul Lundgren) at the pool was Jamie Patrick, who is the reigning open water swimmer of the year. Talk about gnarly; check out his swimming bio here.

Amazing that these dudes were into for two hours already when I got in the water and had ten more to go. I swam with them for 1.5 hours and it seemed like they lapped me every three minutes or so. Humbling but at the same time inspiring to be alongside greatness.

Anyway, though I was just out there for 90 minutes, I could't think of a more enjoyable way to spend a Friday night.


No comments: