Monday, March 12, 2012

Races

With my hip being what it is - slowly improving, I think, but still definitely wobbly, this is the first time in ages that I've had virtually no "race calendar" for the year. In certain respects, I miss it - I like having a goal of some sort and building around it. But in other respects, I'm finding it incredibly liberating. I can run when I want, for as far/long as I want, because I WANT not HAVE to. The distinction is huge.

Last year was a great success, but if there was an bummer in the equation, it was that I constantly felt that I had an obligation to train; the spectre of that haunted me at times, given all my other life and work commitments.

Presuming my hip gets better, I think I will run the Mount Tam 50k with Wiley and that's that. Might dedicate this year to CrossFit, which continues to be fun - and to the concept of gaining some much needed strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, that sounds like a pretty familiar plan.
nq