Monday, March 5, 2012

Kickstarter Pen Type-A

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Kickstarter. It's basically a site where you can go to get crown-sourced funding for a particular project or product that you are looking to produce. I Think it's one of the more interesting businesses to appear on the landscape over the past few years, but that's probably another post for another day.

I signed up for my first Kickstarter project late last July; the Pen Type A. It's basically a Hi- Tech pen (much revered, particularly in Japan) housed in an all metal pen casing, that retracts into a steel outside casing that doubles as a ruler. The whole rig is brushed metal and it just has an awesome heft and feel to it; it's a work for beauty and in my opinion, well worth the $50 ""investment" (I believe it will retail at $99 - I think it's a value even at this price).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Kickstarter is one of the coolest ideas out there. It's a really awesome way to raise money for great ideas that individual people are interested in funding. It's amazing how much money some of these ideas have raised. I have an idea I'm thinking of promoting via Kickstarter right now.

-TB