Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And the Winner is ....

David Archuletta. By a landslide, in my opinion. I think he absolutely smoked David Cook tonight and he did it by sticking to his script. He stuck with what he does best, didn't take any major risks and just nailed every song. Seems like a super nice kid to boot. Remember that I called this one very early in the gam. I'll have to go through the archives to prove this point.

All that being said, I happen to like David Cook a lot more; I think he's more creative and contemporary, and I would bet money that he has a Chris Daughtry-ish type career, but the name of the show is American Idol, and this year's Idol is definitely the young man from Utah.

Jesus Christ -- are those words mine?

I think I might need to get a life.

Think I got to go watch the NBA finals now, or do something quasi-manly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are right, but i wish cook would win, if for no other reason than i think archuletta's dad is a douche.

Anonymous said...

my wife is calling for a recount, and I agree. Cook winning by 12 million votes is suspect. Plus he sucks @$$, with his mediocre modern-rock sound.

And WHO'S favorite band is Our Lady Peace? Honestly, they have some good songs, but they should be NOBODY's "favorite band." DangIT, Cook is so lame.

The prodigy was robbed.

bjs said...

Having picked Cook in week 2, I have to say I am happy. Don't sell American taste so short. Archuletta was a kid singer. Cook was a musician.

Anonymous said...

All of you archuleta fans are definitely on something. The kid, and his ridiculous parents, give me the creeps. He will be notorious for some deviant behavior later in life. Trust me.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your hatred of Cook, Brian. Standing next to Archuletta, I think almost anyone would be a more attractive choice. Plus, Cook actually has talent beyond his ability to sing. It's about time Fox made a superstar who can actually write his own songs and play an instrument...

Anonymous said...

Cook is everything that is wrong with the music industry. Bad taste, bad writing (both music and lyrics) and overall bad sound.

Do we really need ANOTHER singer who that sounds like Nickleback and Finger Eleven and 3 Doors Down? I think NOT.

The prodigy was the real musician, the other guy is a poser.

I hate this show.