Monday, May 19, 2008

No-No

Now those of you who know me know that I am a diehard New York Yankees fan. And the last thing any self respecting Yankees fan would ever do is root for the Red Sox. And the most traitorous thing one could is celebrate a Red Sox no hitter.

But that's precisely what I am going to do because it was thrown by Jon Lester, and Jon Lester stokes me.

Lester, for all of you who are unaware, was diagnosed in 2006 with a rare form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He was multiple chemo treatments and many people thought his career might be over. But at the tender age of 23 he came back, pitched well and picked up a world series win (argh) along the way. He was instrumental in that series too. Now he pitches a no hitter.

What an incredibly tremendous role model for kids and cancer survivors alike. Despite my sentiments towards the Yankees, all I can say is well done, Mr Lester.

A Yankees contract hopefully awaits you.

And oh, CrazyMama: I am still trying to find a way to tell that story about my daughter!

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

I'd assume everyone here knows cancer survivor trumps the matter of playing for the Red Sox any day! and hearing that story give me warm fuzzies since i live in a cave and no nothing of sports. SO that is AWESOME! i never would have heard it otherwise. way to go Mr. Lester! and what excellent role model for all cancer patients!

K, can't wait. email works too. whatever.