Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Daddy Blog Post Number Two

I'm on a bit of a roll with this whole daddy blog post (note: about 236 people -- starting with you, Finkel, informed me that I am in fact not the first daddy blogger. Thanks for that y'all) I thought I'd keep the momentum going.

As I was running tonight (4.72 miles with an average heart rate of 152; that information comes courtesy of my new kick ass Garmin 405, which I intend to review later this week) I was thinking of the top ten responsibilities of every dad. Here goes, with a nod towards boys and girls, individually -- and feel free to let me know if there's anything I am forgetting.

10. Build her self esteem and tell her every day how pretty she looks
9. Teach him how to throw a ball properly. We're talking any and every kind of damn ball; baseball, basketball, football. It really doesn't matter
8. Teach them to respect a. parents b. teachers c. family d. anyone else above the age of 30
7. Teach them to be inclusive of all other kids
6. Walk that fine line between agreeing and empathazing that girls do in fact have cooties and are totally gross, while simultaneously explaining how this all changes once they hit, oh about 14 or 15
5. Make reading a priority
4. Ensuring that they both truly understand the one inalienable fact of life: the Red Sox suck and Yankees rock
3. Teach them the lyrics to the most important song they will know: Hail to the Victors
2. Make them understand why playing outside is ten times more important than watching TV even if their dad is hopelessly addicted to the worst tv shows in the world
1. To quote Chris Rock: keep her off the stripping pole until she's at least finished with high school.

I'm sure there's more but I figure if I can impress the above upon them, I'll have done well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of one more thing that I think is very important for both children to learn and that is to be kind to each other. Fighting with each other happens very often at the younger ages and it very important that they don't carry it into their adult lives. Family is very important and no matter what, we need to keep the peace and the door to communications open. Nana

Anonymous said...

I thought of one more thing that I think is very important for both children to learn and that is to be kind to each other. Fighting with each other happens very often at the younger ages and it very important that they don't carry it into their adult lives. Family is very important and no matter what, we need to keep the peace and the door to communications open. Nana

Crazymamaof6 said...

funny list. and my big one is being inclusive. i hate kids that exclude everyone. some kids never learn that.
and #1 was especially deep.

Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]ENTER ON SOFTWARE PORTAL[/url][/color][/size]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFT![/url][/color][/size]

[img]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4762671/2/istockphoto_4762671-software-box.jpg[/img]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]OEM SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][b]Buy galtrark software programm Mac OS x[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Online galtrark soft on PC[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Cheap galtrark soft programm Mac[/b][/size]

http://www.google.com/