Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Iron Man (the movie, not the race)

Talk about an insane few days. Let's see: last Friday I was in Chicago. Saturday brought me to Wisconsin for the 31 mile sufferfest. And for the record, I am still feeling like someone hit me with a sledge hammer - literally). Sunday was back to San Francisco. Monday was a crazy day in the office. This am I had the old 7:00 am flight to San Diego, a few hour client meeting and then drove from SD to Los Angeles with my boss (who fortunately is a great guy. Otherwise that would have ben a very long 2.5 hours!). Craziness; it will be a miracle if I don't get sick.

Anyway, I was walking around the promenade in Santa Monica without much to do and I noted that Iron Man (the move, not the 140.6 mile race was playing). Given how tough it is for me to get to movies these days, I pounced on the opportunity. All I can say is wowsa: at the risk of hyperbole, it might be the best action her movie I have ever seen. I liked Batman series (most of the them), Spiderman, and even X Men, but this one won the day by appealing to the gadget lover in me, which you have all read about previously. I never would have thunk it, but Robert Downey makes a kick ass action hero, and I don't think there's any question that this is going to be a very successful franchise. I recommend Iron Man highly; two hours of good, solid escapism fun.

The next movie that I'm super stoked to see is the new Indiana Jones. I told the Little Boy that we just might need to camp out the night before this one and if the Wife allows it and I can figure out how to pitch a tent, maybe we'll do it. That's how much I love my main man Indiana Jones.

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

long drive with the boss. glad he is cool. awesome movie. and coolest dad award if you do that. camping out for a movie is a major high score toward cool dad status! good luck with that! can't wait for the review.