Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My New Diet

Well, I am pleased to announce that I am back on the South Beach diet. Woo hoo -- just what I need in my life (said sarcastically). For all of you who don't know me, I stand approximately 5'11 and weight about 150 pounds soaking wet. A diet is the last thing I need.

However, The Boss (The Wife) is on the diet, so by some sort of transitive property, so am I.

Now, there's certain upsides to the South Beach. They include:

-- I'll be eating home cooked meals on a quasi-regular basis
-- South Beach is generally pretty healthy
-- Did I say I'll be eating home coked meals on a quasi regular basis?

Downsides:

-- As noted, I don't exactly need to be on a diet. On the contrary, Id love to gain ten pounds.
-- Umm, generally not a good idea to start a low carb diet the week before a big ultramarathon. You can put that one in the category of "pretty freaking dumb."
-- South Beach food actually tastes pretty decent and in fairness to The Wife, she does a very good job with the recipes (tonight's shepherds pie excluded. How can you make shepherds pie without freaking potatoes? Not her fault I hasten to add -- it's the recipes). That said, I am generally hungry about ten minutes after I eat a South Beach meal. 15 minutes after that I am famished and within 20 minutes I am eating magazines off the end table.

Will keep you posted as things develop......

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

quityourbellyachin' and be supportive of your wife while at home. and eat potatoes and bread while at work and in the car. carbo load on the way to your race. and every chance you get while you aren't with your wife. and tell her how good she's doing. that her food is fabulous and that she is AWESOME for cooking at all.