Thursday, May 15, 2008

Holy Freaking Hot

A gnarly ass heat wave hit Northern California and is expected to hold through at least Saturday. It was insane: I woke up in LA, had breakfast with my boss in Santa Monica, where it was around 68 degrees or so. I landed in Oakland at around 10 am and the second I got out of the plane it hit me like a furnace. My car read 102 as I headed home w hich if I am not mistaken is the highest temperature we've experienced since I have lived here. I coached the Boy's baseball practice tonight and bless these little kids: they are so stoked on baseball that they are virtually impervious to the heat. Good for them. Me, I had to go directly to the pool.

Anyway, none of this would really be all that bad except for one small fact: we don't have air conditioning. It's really not all that necessary, aand very few people (if anyone)) has air conditioning. as it cools down considerably during the evenings, except for about four or five nights per year. Alas, tonight is one of them; the current temperature INSIDE the house is 86.

In other news, my freaking Yankees are in last place and the Tampa Bay Rays are in first.

I think the end of days might be upon us.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

you need to get an A/C or an attic fan. worth it for the few nights a year you need it. i couldn't imagine living without A/C.

Anonymous said...

Put ceiling fans in each room. They really work and it is less expensive then air-conditioning. Hope it cools off soon. Nana