Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jet Blue

Greetings from Jet Blue Flight 68 from JFK to Oakland. Actually, I am posting this from home but typing from the plane.
Talk about whirlwind trips; just did NYC and back in less than 24 hours. I think that might be a record for me. Couple of upsides though: got to see my folks, if just for a few short hours; got to sleep in my childhood bed, which is a real rarity, and I got to catch up on a few new shows on old Jet Blue, which is the best airline of all time, by the way, if only for their TV access.

First show up which I am loathe to admit I have watched for three hours or so in total: Tila Tequila and Shot of Love (or something of the sort). Wow. It’s so bad, yet watchable, that worlds literally fail me. Here’s the backdrop for those of you who are unfamiliar with this one: Tila Tequila is “famous”” for having a lot of Myspace friends (that is literally her only talent) and evidently she is bisexual. The premise of the show? A group of eight or so guys and girls, all vying for her love. Double wow. Here’s the kicker: the cheesiest dude on the show which is saying something) is from my hometown of Paramus, New Jersey. He is the personification of everything that is wrong with NJ. Triple wow. And yet, despite all this – I can’t stop watching. My ears are starting to bleed and still I continue to watch.

Show number two: VH1 top 80 songs of all time countdown, replete with video. Night Ranger! A young George Michael. Poison! Pat Benetar (who, sadly, hasn’t exactly aged gracefully), Kajagoogoo (how they manage to devote a solid five minutes to this band is a miracle in and of iitself. How could I have been so behind the eight ball with VH1. Oh, now are on to the mother of 80’s bands: tht’s right: Guns n Roses, baby. Welcome to the Jungle. Whoops, I think I just headbanged the woman sitting next to me. Next up? “Take on Me” by Aha! Now is this fun or what? I could go on all day (and I think I have; I am on hour four of this flight with two and half more to go) but alas battery is dying so more later.

No comments: