Sunday, July 22, 2007

12:20 am, July 21, 2007


Well, if a picture is worth a million words, then this one really doesn't need much description does it?

I must say that I wasn't really looking forward to this past Friday night; though I have tried, Harry Potter just isn't my thing (editors note: I have vowed to try again though. In fact, when I close the door for my next radiation treatement, the goal is to come out having read at least two or three. Thus far I have only completed number one and that was years ago).

However, The Boy is utterly obsessed and for him, this was like the World Series and the Super Bowl rolled into one. The local Barnes and Noble did a fantastic job: there were activities for the kids from 7-11, including a store-wide trivia contest, an parade and costume contest, and more. To say The Boy (and to a lesser extent The Girl) were stoked would be an understatement. Some of his friends were there and they just had a blast. We left at around 9:30 (The Girl was literally asleep on her feet at this point) and I promised The Boy if he closed his yes (read: took a short nap), I would wake him up and we'd go back to the store to get a copy of the book.

In reality, I thought he would sleep through the night. However, when I went into his room at around 11:40 pm he shot out of bed like a cannon. So off we went and I have to say, I'm glad we did it: it was super fun. The countdown, cheering and balloons being released at 12:01 am all made for a really good time. B&N ran a very efficient operation and even though we were in the midle of the line, we got through in abuot 15 minutes (they must have had twenty people working the counters and were home by 12:45).

I'll conclude with this: kids could be doing a lot worse things anf anything that involves/promulgates reading is all good in my book.

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

he looks cool, with his tattoo, and glasses!