Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Things That Ate My House








Happy fifth birthday, Summer Meadow. Hard to believe my baby is getting so old. We had a great party for her at the house this afternoon/evening, replete with jumpie thing. As you can see, the damn thing was just about as big as my house. I thought the party was going to be a little sketchy being that it was in our driveway, but props to April: she really pulled it off, and it was very laid back and super fun. The kids had a blast and the parents had just as good a time hanging out. I must say, we've made some really great friends out here.


Weather here in NorCal has been amazing and overall, it was an awesome weekend. Played kickball with the kids yesterday and then took them on a great hike on the Sun trail, which is a little known and short trail (just under a mile) but it's really cool in that it ends at an Inn, the Tourist Club, that is nestled in the Redwoods in Muir Woods. Attached is a photo from the trail. The trees in the background is the start of Muir Woods.

Got in a decent amount of training this weekend too, including a 24/4 brick for you triathletes out therr (a brick is a bike followed immediately by a run) which nearly killed me and a 2.5 mile masters swim this morning that just about might have ben one of the hardest workouts of my life.

On the topic of training I am thinking an adjustment of my syntroid might be in order as I feel good, but a bit lacking in energy. It's hard to describe but I feel as if I am missing a gear; my workouts just don't have the same "pop" (as my man Phil put it) as they did in the past.

Lastly, we saw the new Die Hard movie and if you are in the mood for an utterly mindless, kick ass Summer action flick, this is the movie for you. I enjoyed it tremendously, though I will be the first to admit I have fairly simple tastes when it comes to movies.

On the topic of movies, the funniest movie of the year, by far, is Knocked Up. iI fyou haven't seen it yet, do so.

And oh yeah. I am almost certainly keeping that damn iPhone. Z and I went to the Apple store this afternoon to check it out and it's just too damn cool. I hear what you said Neil but there's no time like the present.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Happy Birthday Summer! I have a 5 yr old and this is the most excited she's been about her birthday yet. Looked like rockin' Strawberry shortcake birthday cake too! and who doesn't love the bounce house?!

SO are you gonna wait the whole two weeks you have to return it, before you open the Iphone? or just bust it out already! you know you want to!

Anonymous said...

r2a02c4u59 d3p29n0j47 a3v77j5v72 x6b94v8i60 c9d85n5z76 o0h52s8s27