Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Well, knock on wood, thus far Friday the 13th has been pretty good to me.

1. My mother-in-law came out of surgery successfully and is feeling great. SHe sends her thanks to you all for your support
2. Some really good work stuff has been happening over the past few weeks and drumroll, please
3. I just got my bloodwork back from my endo (the phone rang during a new business meeting I had in the Valley and I couldn't answer it. Talk about a test; trying to make it through a big presentation all while knowing the answer to a big question is waiting on your voice mail) and it turns out that my thyroidglobulin (TG) actually went DOWN. I was hoping for it to just maintain versus the last time and was anticipating it going up. I have a call into my doctor to see if this at all changes my treatment protocol but at the minimum, I can't see it being anything but good news.

On top of everything else it's a beautiful day, so I am headed off to a swim. And oh -- hell, I'm having such a good day/week that I think I'l celebrate by keeping the iPhone! (today is the 14 day return date). What the hell. You only live once.


Have a nice weekend, all.

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

right on! all great things! and whoohoo! on the TG! and yay on the good outcome of the surgery! glad she is feeling ok. isn't it crazy how you can wait for a call all week and when you really can't answer it, that's when they call! I hate that! glad it was good news.

Anonymous said...

Nice, kid. Good news.

Of course you're keeping the iPhone, there was no doubt in my mind from when we first opened it, yo. Hey, that reminds me - I think I need a scotch.

For anyone who wants to follow a great race, go to www.hardrock100.com/index.asp. This is the website for the Hardrock 100, currently underway. Should end sometime tomorrow AM. The leader is on pace to obliterate the current record.

Anonymous said...

Scott Jurek set a new record at the Hardrock 100 - 26:08. This likely means nothing to anyone on this blog except Howard and me. Still, it's cool.

Anonymous said...

Congrats man. Great news. And to celebrate your health and comittment to the iPhone, I'm making this my first post from my iPhone...