Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Derek Jeter or Justin Timberlake?

I'm trying to figure out which of the above I want to come back as in my next life. What a tough call. I guess I gotta go with Jeter, but old JT is a close second (by the way, the only reason why I am writing this is because the Wife has Oprah on, and old JT is being interviewed and all the women are cooing over him, including my Wife). Now, I'm not the biggest JT fan in the world but I am coming around on the dude. His last album is totally solid and he deserves the acclaim. And if you disagree I suggest you give it a listen. And of course he has dated Brittany (in her prime of course, not the trainwreck we witness today), Jessica Alba, Scarlet Johanson (according to the Wife, who is an authority on these matters) and Jessica Alba. Not bad. Of course Jeter is right there up there with him. And he owns New York. And oh yeah, he plays baseball. Plus my kid absolutely idolizes him (in fact he's upstairs right now reading a Derek Jeter kids book under the covers in bed. He thinks we think he's sleeping but alas, he hasn't yet come to realize that parents are all knowing). But then again JT is still in his 20's and in his prime. And he plays big stadium venues across the world. They are both richer than hell. Tough call but the bottom line -- wouldn't suck to be either. But I'll go with the baseball guy. How about you'all?

(I should have added Lance to the mix, too. Lance would likely trump both)

________________________________

Speaking of baseball, the Yankees are just 1 1/2 back. Unfreaking real. they actually might just pull this thing off. It would be historic, to say the least.
________________________________

I went to the Apple store today and got to play with the new ipod Touch. If you are in the market for a new ipod, the 16 gig Touch is the one. It is totally badass. I'm sorry they didn't introduce it earlier (as in, earlier than the iPhone) as I'd be an owner, but I'm increasingly convinced that Apple's corporate mission is to make me insane. For the record, they are doing a good job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only assume that the reason you mentioned Jessica Alba twice is because she deserves being mentioned twice (even though her status of "the perfect woman" was seriously hurt when i found out she was doing a movie with dane freaking cook).

Anonymous said...

My vote is for JT so you dance at future weddings. -MBL