Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happy Anniversary To Me (and the Wife)

Today (Friday that is) marks my 11th wedding anniversary. Since I pretty much forgot to get The Wife anything, I thought I'd try to make it up my giving a public shout out to my very special wife, who I love very much. Like any couple, we have our moments but overall, she's as solid as they come and I consider myself very, very fortunate to be married to such a goood and special person. Last year on my anniversary I was holed up in my room for three days as part of my big radiation treatment (which I felt terrible amount in more than one regard) and this year I am schlepping her two hours to a dumb ass triathlon, but in neither circumstance has she once complained. She's a real trouper, a great wife and a better mother and I look forward to many, many more years of marital bliss.

(Ps. Does that public display of affection make up for my lack of a gift or should I run out in the am and pick up a card?).

(Pss. Hey WIfe: do keep in mind that I am taking you and the family to Hawaii in February. Can we consider that an anniversary gift?)

(Psss. Am I grasping for straws or what?)
_____________________________


On a wholly unrelated note, I am watching the documentary "Inside Deep Throat" on HBO and it is pretty interesting. It captures the 70's era quite well. Also, I noted today that Michael Lewis' most recent book, The Blind Side, is out in paperbook. If you havent read this book -- and note, like all Michael Lewis books, you do NOT need to be a sports fan -- I suggest you run out to the bookstore asap and pick this one up. You won't regret it.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

IMO a trip with the family doesn't count as a anniversary trip/gift. and a gift is a good idea! if you question it, you should definitely make it up to her. you could surprise her with a couples massage somewhere fancy after your triathlon, romantic and a rub down would probably be pretty great after that kind of event for you. i always feel good about a wad of cash in a card with a heartfelt love note and a promise of a shopping trip with out the kids. but that is just me.
Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Surely April would love an iPhone! Just sign the card "Love, Howard (and Steve Jobs)"

Anonymous said...

buy her something just for putting up with you and your crazy lifestyle.gs

Anonymous said...

p.s. your mothers birthday is coming up this month and i haven,t bought anything either. i guess it is in the genes. GS

bjs said...

So, I thought 'what a great idea', I'll try it. Went to the wife and said "Honey, how about for our 30th anniversary next week instead of a present I give you a shout out on someone else's web site?"

Can't go into the gory details of the response, but anyone know a florist in Muttontown, NY?