Friday, September 7, 2007

Off to the Races!

Ok folks, we are about to take off for the 'Cruz. I hope to possibly write a post tomorrow from ye olde iPhone, if it's not too much of a hassle. Thank you all for your good wishes and I am completely stoked for the Howard Solomon, Ann Silk, JT and CrazyMama Race for Breast and Thyroid Cancer. I think that cumulatively it's shaping up to be the biggest triathlon of the weekend. I can't wait to see what the aggregate mileage is for each discipline. All I know is that between myself, Hope (who's also doing Big Kahuna), Jeff and Dave and we have 5.2 miles of swimming alone. And Payro's 100 mile bike gives us Ironman-level mileage on the bike.

So, send in your stats people and be sure to send a photo. I think it will be a nice opportunity for the small community that's formed here to formally "meet" one another. Most importantly: have fun and enjoy the day!

(PS. I caved and bought the wife a card for the anniversary, but don't tell her. Pretty magnanimous of me, eh? A whole $3.98 card. Might be a nice gift in her future too but please note I suck at gift giving and am open to suggestions ladies, if you have any ideas!)

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

good luck with the race!

Anonymous said...

One word for you Howard, JT.
Pen

Anonymous said...

Kara and I racked up 10 miles yesterday, and are leaving shortly for what we hope will be another 15 today. Picture forthcoming...