Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Reminder: This Weekend is The Race!

Reminder all, that this weekend is the big Howard Solomon, Ann Silk and JT Race for Thyroid (and Breast) Cancer. So -- up and at 'em, people.

The rules are simple: pick a day, Saturday or Sunday and Swim, Bike or Run to your hearts content. One mile or a 100 miles, it doesn't matter to me. Based on the aggregate, me and my kind sponsors (who don't know yet that they are sponsors, by the way) will be making a donation to ThyCa in our respective honor.

So far we have a solid response: biggest badass award thus far unsurprisingly goes to my main man Payro, who will be riding 100 miles. Go get 'em Payro! Michael B and others in Chi-tow will also be pedaling. My man Nick Q is going to be running 10 and Brian B. will be representing in Western Michigan. Cousins in NJ will be walking and running (walking is excellent too!). My main man Dave M. will be swimming 1.5 miles in Lake Michigan -- and rumor has it he's even thinking of doubling the distance. A three mile swim is right up there with Payro's century. Paddle hard, Dave. My brother's Scott and Neil -- well, no word from them yet. What say ye, brothers? Come on ex-marathoner Neil: you gotta be good for six miles (three for you and three for Scott).

The wife -- she'll be running. So will the sister-in-laws (right sister's?) and others.

So let's go, peeps. And please send pictures of you either before, during or after said workout, so I can post them all on our very own Hall of Fame.

Good luck y'all and I'll probably send one more reminder/note towards the end of the week. I really appreciate your efforts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, here's what its loking like for me....

Saturday: 1.5mile open water swim at race pace

Sunday: 40 mile bike followed by a 10 mile run.

This is afterall a taper weekend for me! ;-)

I hope that merits a donation!

Unknown said...

ok, small change....

Saturday: 1.5m open water swim at race pace followed immediately by a 10-11 mile run.

Sunday: 40 mile bike.

Anonymous said...

i'm in for 6